Author Topic: Mum Survives Fire Which Kills Three Children  (Read 672 times)

Offline martinanzekwue

• Falling does not mean u are a failure, it when u dont rise up, that's when u are a real failure, so keep moving forward "as the Robinsins will say
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6.11 Firefox 3.6.11
    • View Profile
Mum Survives Fire Which Kills Three Children
« on: November 12, 2010, 08:56:24 PM »
A 27-year-old woman is in a serious condition after a fierce fire tore through her home, killing her three children. Skip related content
Related photos / videos
Mum Survives Fire Which Kills Three Children Play video

* Mum Survives Fire Which Kills Three Children Play video
    * Mum Survives Fire Which Kills Three Children Enlarge photo
    * Three Children Die In Bridlington House Fire Enlarge photo

Related content

* Video: Mum Survives Fire Which Kills Three Children

The children - named locally as Maddie, three, AJ, five, and William, nine - were pulled "like little rag dolls" from the burning building in Bridlington, East Yorkshire.

Firefighters and paramedics fought in vain to revive the youngsters but they were pronounced dead on arrival in hospital in Scarborough.

Their mother, Samantha Hudson, remains in hospital.

The fire broke out late on Thursday night and emergency services were at the three-storey terrace property within minutes.

Humberside Police superintendent Mike Duggleby said he believed the blaze had started inside the house and did not appear to have been started deliberately.

He asked for anyone with information to call 0845 6060222 quoting the log number 719 November 11.

The family had only moved into the area recently but had settled in well, according to neighbour Lesley Salisbury.

Ms Salisbury, a nurse, told Sky News of her attempts to resuscitate one of the children.

"I have never worked on a child before... this is something I never wish to repeat. It was dreadful, really dreadful."

"I do remember the firefighters bringing them out, they were like little rag dolls," she added.

She said she, firefighters and paramedics worked on the youngsters for about an hour.

Describing the fire, Ms Salisbury said: "I have never seen anything like it before. It was absolutely awesome to see the flames coming out at such a speed and so far out.

"The fire crew, the ambulance crews... everybody, they just got stuck in and tried their best but unfortunately it had tragic results."

Neighbour Edith Dawson, 86, said she watched as "fierce" flames tore through the property.

"It's heart-breaking. I had seen the children playing in their grandmother's back yard. They hadn't been in the house all that long, probably no more than six months.

"It was terrible, with the wind as well, it was so fierce. There were flames coming from the top and you couldn't see for the smoke."

Mark Rhodes, of Humberside Fire and Rescue Service, described the tragedy as "probably the most difficult, most challenging type of incident that we can ever be expected to deal with".

"I don't think anybody in their career ever expects to face the trauma of a fire involving children and the very difficult working conditions of last night," he added.

Advertisements

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

Mum Survives Fire Which Kills Three Children
« on: November 12, 2010, 08:56:24 PM »

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free