Author Topic: You Must Self-Promote and Market Yourself  (Read 334 times)

Offline wumivic

• Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 31.0 Firefox 31.0
    • View Profile
You Must Self-Promote and Market Yourself
« on: October 24, 2014, 10:04:41 AM »
Grads with any major would do well to take a course in marketing at some point in their collegiate careers.  The job search is really about the marketing process.   It begins with understanding the ?product;? what you offer, who will want it, how you?ll add value and then identifying potential customers (in this case employers) who will pay you. 

Therefore a successful job search strategy requires that you:
1.    Market ? identify the potential employers who would be a good mutual fit for acquiring you as talent, and,
2.    Sell ? turn them into buyers by convincing them to hire you.

All the messages, documents, and interview prep a new grad develops must focus on marketing what they have to offer in all of their materials.

And then selling; closing the deal, accepting the offer, when they?ve positioned themselves as the most qualified applicant for the job. 

The Solution: Get Clear on Your Identity and Messaging to Construct Good Marketing Materials.
?   Develop a marketing mindset and identify who your potential customers (employers) could be.
?   Identify 15 to 20 target employers to whom you will direct your marketing efforts.
?   Continually ask, ?Where do I find my potential customers (employers) and how do I connect with them??
?   Use your networking tools to seek out connections into organizations, and ask for referrals to hiring managers.
?   Use cold calling or cold emailing as a way to connect with hiring managers at your target employers.

Interested in learning how to get your dream job in 90 Days?! Kindly visit: www. thecareerpublications. com/dreamjobpackage. html

Advertisements

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

You Must Self-Promote and Market Yourself
« on: October 24, 2014, 10:04:41 AM »

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free