The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria LimitedSENIOR TREASURY OPERATIONS ACCOUNTANT JOB ID: F31850
LOCATION: LAGOS, LAGOS, NIGERIA
Shell companies have been finding and producing oil and gas around the world for over a century. Today, we have interests in exploration and production ventures in more than 80 countries and employ approximately 90,000 people.
This is a technically challenging work environment characterised by a continuing need for research, the pursuit of new technology, and the adoption of new ways of working. It demands people who will thrive in a culture that encourages and rewards innovation, collaboration and the ability to learn from success as well as failure.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. It is capable of producing an average of over one million barrels of oil equivalent per day. The company's operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres.
We?re currently looking to recruit a Senior Treasury Operations Accountant for our Port Harcourt businesses.RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for executing local and foreign payments/fund disbursement to vendors,staff,regulatory agencies,and other third parties within the contractual payment period and in accordance with the Company's general condition of payment. Role also involves supporting the Supervisor Treasury Operations in the supervision of other Treasury Operations Accountants.
- Review and approve payment runs for all posted invoices in the SAP system
- Ensure compliance with SOX controls and Treasury policies/procedures.
- Ensure all (Electronic Data Interface) EDI-compatible payment instructions are sent through the Bank Communication System (BCS) as and when due
- Ensure timely dispatch of all non-EDI-compatible payment instructions to bank
- Mitigate possibilities of wrong payments by implementing measures that have been designed to strengthen controls around the payment process
- Create and maintain functional rosters for BCS authorisation
- Escalate all systems issues to the relevant focal parties (SAP Assist,EBanking,EDI Support) and follow up for resolution and close out.
- Liaise with the business to process approved step out payments.
- Implement User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Payment Verification Testing (PVT) on a need basis in liaison with Funding Team,SAP Support and E-Banking Support.
- Liaise with Accounting and Reconciliation units,Banks and other relevant parties in responding to payment enquiries and resolving reconciling items
- Liaise with relevant action parties (Accounting,Reconciliation,Banks,etc) to ensure timely resolution,communication and documentation of returned/unapplied payments
- Provide relevant documents as requested by Sox,Partners and other third party auditors.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
-Be part of a world class Treasury Operations Unit and contribute to its continuous improvement.REQUIREMENTS:
Experience and Qualifications required ? Qualified Accountant with minimum of 5 years post-graduation experience
- Excellent customer relationship and focused attitude
- Good and working knowledge of SAP will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as a team player
- Good understanding of the Accounts Payable processes, associated risks and controlsAPPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday 03 September 2012
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1
We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.CLICK HERE TO APPLY