Author Topic: Lagosians? Unholy Business Transactions At Night  (Read 1708 times)

Offline furtune

• Honorable
  • It is good to be good!
    • View Profile
Lagosians? Unholy Business Transactions At Night
« on: April 18, 2008, 02:42:52 PM »
In spite of the problem of insecurity in the state of excellence, Lagosians still find time in the odd hours of the day to transact businesses especially at night clubs and drinking joints. Akin Adewakun reports.

IN spite of the worrisome trend the issue of security has taken in recent times in the centre of excellence which has made security-conscious Nigerians to scamper into the safety of their homes immediately night approaches, Lagos still holds its attractions at nights for some of its residents who believe life should be enjoyed to the fullest.

Investigations by Lagos Life revealed that in spite of the fact that the idea of night parties has gone into oblivion in the city, some nocturnal Lagosians are ready to make it up at night clubs and drinking joints.

For instance, areas like Ikeja, Ikoyi and the famous Ojuelegba in the metropolis boast of night clubs that are ready to hold their customers spell-bound till the wee hours of the following day, irrespective of the day in the week. In a chat with Mike, one of the frequent visitors to one of the joints very close to Opebi Round About in Ikeja, Lagos Life was told that the peculiar situation of the city had made it imperative for residents to seek ?solace in the green bottles and all other vices that go with it?.

Mike, who works in a computer servicing firm in Allen Avenue, argued that he lives somewhere in Okokomaiko, which is quite a distance from Ikeja. Besides, he stated, the traffic bottleneck in the area always makes a mess of time management.

?As a result, I stay back after I must have closed around 6?O?clock in the evening till about 10 pm. By then, when traffic on the road is expected to have reduced. It saves you a lot of stress,? he stated.

But, Muyiwa, who lives in Sango Ota area in Ogun State but works in Ikoyi, stated that he always stays back because there is always power outage in his area and this would not be restored until very late in the night.

?Going home immediately after office hours is something I dread of since I know I would never meet light at home?, he said.

But aren?t they scared , moving at odd hours in a city notorious for its violent crime? ?Definitely, while one is not unaware of the security situation in the city, some circumstances beyond our control have made it imperative for people like me to stay late outside. It is either you go out and pray for God?s protection or die of hunger at home?, says Mike.

But, apart from the likes of Mike and Muyiwa who stay late outside due to the exigencies of office, some Lagosians actually ply their trades at this odd time of the day.
For instance, very close to Allen Round About in Ikeja, some food vendors are actually available late into the night to attend to the nocturnal Lagosians. ?

The first day I passed through the place and saw such a huge crowd late into the night eating and drinking, I thought it was one of the night parties, which the city is well known for, was actually going on?, says Kemi, who resides somewhere behind Balogun bus stop, in Ikeja.

According to her, the food vendors would not start cooking until very late in the night and one would be surprised that before the wee hours of the following day, they must have exhausted their wares and made good profit.

And, surprisingly, she continued, while some are eating, some are actually there to solicit for one favour or the other. ?It is a scene typically Lagosian?, she concluded.

Perhaps, this is why the city has continued to hold its attractions to millions of Nigerians. The feeling that the opportunities are there anytime of the day, has no doubt turned its residents to nocturnal beings who believe no hour is too odd to engage in any activity that will spin money.

Advertisements

« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 03:01:24 PM by furtune »
CLICK HERE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS ON NBF SOCIAL NETWORKYou Need to Make 50 Posts For Your Links To Appear In your Signature
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPAM TO INCREASE YOUR POSTS COUNT. START BY WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS AND HELPING OTHERS. SPAMMING WILL ONLY GET YOU BAN

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

Lagosians? Unholy Business Transactions At Night
« on: April 18, 2008, 02:42:52 PM »

Offline beibee

• Global Moderator
  • Honorable
    • View Profile
Re: Lagosians? Unholy Business Transactions At Night
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 11:56:46 AM »

will man not gyrate?
CLICK HERE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS ON NBF SOCIAL NETWORK
You Need to Make 50 Posts For Your Link To Appear In your Signature
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPAM TO INCREASE YOUR POSTS COUNT. START BY WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS AND HELPING OTHERS. SPAMMING WILL ONLY GET YOU BANNED!

Offline furtune

• Honorable
  • It is good to be good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 12:51:15 PM »
is just one of those things
CLICK HERE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS ON NBF SOCIAL NETWORKYou Need to Make 50 Posts For Your Links To Appear In your Signature
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPAM TO INCREASE YOUR POSTS COUNT. START BY WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS AND HELPING OTHERS. SPAMMING WILL ONLY GET YOU BAN

Offline beibee

• Global Moderator
  • Honorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 12:57:02 PM »

but over-gyration ain't good...
CLICK HERE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS ON NBF SOCIAL NETWORK
You Need to Make 50 Posts For Your Link To Appear In your Signature
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPAM TO INCREASE YOUR POSTS COUNT. START BY WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS AND HELPING OTHERS. SPAMMING WILL ONLY GET YOU BANNED!

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 12:57:02 PM »

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free