Author Topic: AUTO-REG VEHICLE LICENCE RENEWAL  (Read 9444 times)

Offline furtune

• Honorable
  • It is good to be good!
    • View Profile
AUTO-REG VEHICLE LICENCE RENEWAL
« on: December 04, 2008, 06:51:11 PM »
  Auto-Reg vehicle licence renewal
By Our Reader

About two years ago, the Lagos State Government introduced Auto-Reg vehicle licence to curb fake vehicle licences in the state.

It was highly welcomed by all and sundry, as it has reduced the embarrassment being suffered by drivers from the Police who charge them for using fake vehicle licences.

And to think the licences were issued licensing offices themselves!

September 10, 2008, I went to Block 8, first floor, Old Secretariat licensing office to renew my vehicle licence, which expired a day earlier.

I obtained the vehicle licence last year from the same system in Block 8.

This time around, the officer in charge, a man, demanded for additional N200 to enable him to send my application to the headquarters of Auto-Reg. for correction.

When I demanded to know why, he informed me that the colour of car had been changed to ?black? in the system, whereas my car colour is ash and it was reflected on the expired vehicle licence.

On further enquiry, I was told that this is how they have been collecting money from the public since the beginning of the year. What I learnt was that the Auto-Reg Headquar-ters has changed all vehicle colours to black on their system, and, according to the issuing officers, you must pay additional charges to have the proper colour of your vehicle reflected.

This is fraudulent and therefore unacceptable.

The public needs an explanation from the Lagos State Government or the receiving bank, Oceanic Bank Plc, as well as the operator of Auto-Reg for Lagos State Government.

Abrahim Shittu,

Abesan Housing Estate,

Ipaja, Lagos.

Advertisements

CLICK HERE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS ON NBF SOCIAL NETWORKYou Need to Make 50 Posts For Your Links To Appear In your Signature
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPAM TO INCREASE YOUR POSTS COUNT. START BY WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS AND HELPING OTHERS. SPAMMING WILL ONLY GET YOU BAN

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

AUTO-REG VEHICLE LICENCE RENEWAL
« on: December 04, 2008, 06:51:11 PM »

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free