Author Topic: NOBODY SHOULD BE A HINDRANCE TO OBAMA  (Read 739 times)

Offline furtune

• Honorable
  • It is good to be good!
    • View Profile
NOBODY SHOULD BE A HINDRANCE TO OBAMA
« on: October 28, 2008, 06:11:09 PM »
  Nobody should be a hindrance to Obama
By Our Reader

A lot has been said about the fund-raiser in support of the Senator Barack Obama campaign.

In my view, the Director-General of the Nigerian Stock Exchange seemed to think that organising a fund-raiser in support of the Obama campaign would have any effect on his electoral chances.

Quite the opposite, I would say.

Does she not understand that ‘Nigeria’ and ‘Obama’ in the same sentence is more than enough to put off American voters, because the name ‘Nigeria’ conjures up all sorts of negativity abroad, for reasons we are all too familiar with?

The small towns, white conservative working class voters that Obama needs in order to win the election are the same people who are generally unconcerned and detached about Africa and its problems, and associate us with anything negative.

So, floating an organisation called Africans for Obama would have the opposite effect in winning votes among this category of voters that he desperately needs to capture the White House.

The Obama campaign has deliberately avoided and mentioning ‘Africa,’ ‘Black,’ and ‘Kenya’ (Obama’s ancestral home country) in the course of the campaign because of the potential adverse effect this would have on the very voters he needs to win the election.

Okereke-Onyiuke, once said, “I am a very intelligent person; I have a Ph.D. that I did not buy, and I lived in America for 14 years.”

If this is the case, then it beats me how she and her corporate friends did not understand that their actions could impact negatively on Obama’s presidential aspirations.

Razaq Dawodu,

Femi Okunu Estate,

Lekki 1, Lagos.

Advertisements

CLICK HERE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS ON NBF SOCIAL NETWORKYou Need to Make 50 Posts For Your Links To Appear In your Signature
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPAM TO INCREASE YOUR POSTS COUNT. START BY WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS AND HELPING OTHERS. SPAMMING WILL ONLY GET YOU BAN

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

NOBODY SHOULD BE A HINDRANCE TO OBAMA
« on: October 28, 2008, 06:11:09 PM »

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free