Author Topic: Nigeria?s Fake Travel Document Crisis  (Read 3421 times)

Offline Prince

• Administrator
  • Honorable
    • View Profile
Nigeria?s Fake Travel Document Crisis
« on: March 06, 2008, 07:14:57 PM »
I read your story on using false identity to travel abroad, in THE PUNCH of February 1, 2008.

It was such useful information. How I wish that many young Nigerians read it.

Many Nigerians who have never traveled outside the country; or even those that had traveled out before but had not got much experience put other Nigerians in trouble by painting the good side of overseas countries.

For instance, in Thailand where I live, I am aware that many Nigerians are wasting away in Thai prisons because they were wrongly informed.

Most of them were duped and made to pay so much that they cannot think of going back home until they get the means to pay their debt back in Nigeria.

Along the line, they are enlisted in drug business which has not only destroyed Nigeria?s image in Thailand, but has also left most Nigerians in Thailand prisons.

As far as I know, about 90 percent of Nigerians in Thailand use fake identity, yet most of them passed through the immigration checking point in Nigeria.

Emmanuel Okafor,

Philosophy Faculty,

Assumption University

of Thailand.

Advertisements

« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 05:39:15 AM by Prince »

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

Nigeria?s Fake Travel Document Crisis
« on: March 06, 2008, 07:14:57 PM »

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free

Offline ruggedNTT

• Jr Poster
  • rugged NTT
    • View Profile
Re: Nigeria?s Fake Travel Document Crisis
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 08:41:34 PM »
its almost the same in Hong Kong and Ghana our closest  country most Nigerians here are mis informed about how easy it is to get out of Africa from Ghana, they got here, got duped , stranded and end up getting into the drug business that lands them in Jail.
James-forte prisons here in Ghana has 76% Nigerians IN.........
RuggedNTT, ruggedity by IdenTT

Offline ruggedNTT

• Jr Poster
  • rugged NTT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 08:50:20 PM »
I had that same experience when returning from Hong Kong to Nigeria, i wonder whats wrong with our immigrations and customs all they are interested in is what you have in your luggage, not even your pocket, i hope someone reads this post and pass it on to those who needed to know.
First of all, once you get into Hong Kong or China, you will be conned to sell your passport and return ticket by the Nigerians over there telling you its useless after 3 weeks of stay according to your visa, thus it makes you lost the chance of ever coming to Nigeria LEGALLY.
then you proceed to UN office to stand as an asylum which will not even guarantee your stay in Hong Kong for more than 2 months, then you start with the going and coming for AC(asylum certificate) renewal, that itself is gonna wore you out, then you decide to just face any means possible to work and raise money (you only have a visitors visa NOT ALLOWED TO WORK)
so they ended up getting into drugs and other illegal stuffs, in my own case, i ended up as a teacher, saving and living on Filipino girls. When its time to go home, i BOUGHT A NIGERIAN PASSPORT(am dark skinned) THE GUY IN THE PASSPORT IS FAIR,,, i got home and i had no second checking by Nigerian immigrations........
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 08:52:01 PM by ruggedNTT »

Offline Prince

• Administrator
  • Honorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 08:54:48 PM »
Not only in Ghana, there's no country today without a Nigerian prisoner, not quite long Saudi Arabia executed a young Nigerian 18 years old for drug trafficking, Nigerians are too desperate for money and never wait for there time.

Mind you 70% of Nigerian scams victims are Nigerians themselves.

Offline ruggedNTT

• Jr Poster
  • rugged NTT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 09:14:17 PM »
Charity they say begins at home, so tell me what you will get from a child that has no home at all to learn from, Dads in jail for defrauding his company, mum attends to different men almost every night, i believe all this issues boils down to up-bringing of the child.Micheal jackson once said i quote;ALL THE PROBLEMS OF THE WORLD, FROM THE LOW STREET CRIMES TO THE HIGHEST WAR CASES WERE A RESULT OF CHILDREN HAVING THEIR  CHILDHOOD TAKEN AWAY FROM THEM.......

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 09:14:17 PM »

ads

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free