Author Topic: ?My pastor pushed me into N6m ransom transfer?  (Read 3930 times)

Offline Prince

• Administrator
  • Honorable
    • View Profile
?My pastor pushed me into N6m ransom transfer?
« on: March 04, 2008, 11:02:28 PM »
Christian Iwuoha wears a pious look. Speaking with him also re-enforces this first impression as every word he speaks, starts and ends with ? my pastor this? and ? my pastor that.? He is apparently a man who does nothing without first consulting his pastor. But he soon finds himself in stormy waters when, he once again acted on the advise of his pastor.

Like a man in turbulent sea, Iwuoha has found himself clutching at a straw to survive. The 50-year-old estate agent , claimed that his pastor advised him to allow his account to be used to facilitate a transfer for one Emmanuel Asika. For acceeding to the request, Iwuoha was given N500, 000.

According to him, he thought it was manna from heaven and didn?t bother to probe the source of the money. But right now, he has found himself in a deep pit; one so deep that even the gods which he prays to would find it difficult to pull him out.
He is one of the detainees at Interpol office, Ikoyi. The Commissioner of Police (CP), Interpol, Atinuke Koyi, arrested him after investigation revealed that Emmanuel Asika, with the assistance of one Joseph in Malaysia, lured one Mr. Perumal Negapushman, a Malaysian citizen to Nigerian under the pretence of selling metal and Aluminum scraps to him.

Negapushman arrived Nigeria and was kidnapped and locked up in a room by Asika and his wife. They forced their victim to send a text message to his wife, demanding for N6million or they would kill him. Negapushman?s wife later sent the money into an account, later discovered by investigators to belong to Iwuoha.

Interpol is working on the premise that Iwuoha knew very much about the kidnap of Negapushman and the demand for a N6million ransom . He apparently never in his wildest imagination expected Mrs. Negapushman to keep the account number she paid a whooping N6million into. Atinuke and her men were able to track down Iwuoha through his bank account number.

Looking spent in his Ankara cloth, which clings loosely to his lean frame, Iwuoha stared mournfully at the ceiling. He took a prayerful stance, with his hands held firmly behind his back. No doubt praying the evil cup of prison will pass over him, he blamed his pastor and decides to tell his own side of the story.
His words: ? My pastor is Emmanuel Arinze.

The name of his church is Power In Practicality Ministry, located at Ajagbadi. He was the one that introduced me to Asika. This Asika had just moved from Egbeda to Isashi. He and my pastor were passing by one day, when the pastor pointed out my company ?Chiys Abyss? and introduced me to Asika as one of his members. One day, Asika came to tell me that his wife needed a shop. Soon he started coming to my office every morning to read newspapers. I used to wonder if he doesn?t have any job to do. One day he told me that his friend came from Malaysia to Nigeria to buy scraps.

?He told me that the money the man had with him was not enough. He said the man needed a bank account , which someone from Malaysia can pay money into for him. I don?t usually give people my account number. I went to my pastor, he said it was okay.?

He further explained that he had also gone to tell his account officer, who invited Asika and queried him repeatedly if his need for the account number was not for fraudulent purpose. Asika naturally denied it.
Interpol also has its own story to tell. According to CP Koyi, Negapushman was sold the idea of coming to Nigeria to buy scraps in forms of metal and Aluminum by Joseph Uluwa Dominic and Vincent Echefu, who incidentally are friends of Asika. Both Joseph and Echefu resides in Malaysia.

Negapushman carried out independent investigation to know the viability of the business. Many Nigerians in Malaysia told him it was a business venture that would yield profit any day.
He was further convinced by Joseph to fly down to Nigeria with 15 laptops. Joseph had also told that laptops sells like hot cakes in Nigeria. The laptops were valued at N3million.

Before Negapushman left for Nigeria, Joseph agreed that he would come to pick him at the airport. When Negapushman arrived Nigeria on 12, May, 2007, he called Joseph, who said he was in his village.

Determined to convince the foreigner that he was dealing with genuine Nigerians, Asika came with his wife and children in place of Joseph, to pick Negapushman at the airport. Negapushman checked into a hotel but was convinced by Asika to relocate to another in Igando area of Lagos. Asika promised to take care of the hotel bill.

Satisfied that they have been able to get the victim to Nigeria, the fraudsters began the second phase of their plan. Anytime Negapushman asked to see Joseph so that he would take him to the scrap yard, Asika would spin him one yarn after another.

The waiting game took a new dimension when Asika came to visit Negapushman on May 13 and took him to where he was ostensibly supposed to sell off his laptops in exchange for the scraps. The sealing of the deal was fixed for a particular day.

On May 14, Asika lured the victim into moving out of his hotel and subsequently robbed him.
Koyi said: ? Negapushman was in a cyber caf?, when Asika arrived. He advised the victim to take his things so that they wouldn?t be stolen before he returns to the hotel. Asika asked him to come over to his house to have a late lunch with his family. They took him to a house at Isashi, near Iba in Ojo local government area of Lagos.

It was in that house that Asika told him that he was a victim of fraud. They robbed him of 750 dollars, 300 rams. They threatened to torture him by chopping off his body parts piece by piece. They ordered him to arrange to have one million rams transferred to Nigeria else they would kill him.?
Negapushman was said to have told them that he couldn?t afford such amount of money. They finally settled for 230,000 rams, which was approximately N6million. The fraudsters bought a handset for Negapushman, which was always with them, rather than with the victim.

Asika and his wife repeatedly forced Negapushman to send text messages to his wife, saying he was okay and having a swell time in Nigeria. They would always tell him what message to text to his wife and watches his every move the way a hawk watches a chick.

Negapushman was shocked out of his bone marrow when he discovered that the fraudsters, using his international passport, had gone to the freight company that shipped his laptops and cleared them. Negapushman told detectives that before shipping the laptops, he had specified that nobody should be allowed to clear the laptops except him.

Negapushman was treated like a prisoner until his wife sent the money to the stipulated account. On July, Interpol in Kuala Lumpur of Malaysia, received a petition from Negapushman concerning how some Nigerians defrauded him.

The nail on Iwuoha?s coffin was finally driven home, when detectives discovered that before Asika and his wife disappeared, they had handed over the keys to their apartment to Iwuoha.

CP Koyi got angry all over with Iwuoha, when he confessed that he got to know the run away couple from his pastor. According to Koyi, the suspect had denied knowing the Asikas before.

Iwuoha, a father of four, looks like a man who badly needs his pastor to come forward as usual to advise him on what next to do. Sadly however, his pastor seemed to have ascended to Heaven by rapture. Koyi revealed that though investigation continues into the case, Iwuoha would soon be charged to court and advised Nigerians to learn from the mistakes of other.

Advertisements

« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 07:52:29 AM by Prince »

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

?My pastor pushed me into N6m ransom transfer?
« on: March 04, 2008, 11:02:28 PM »

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free

Offline beibee

• Global Moderator
  • Honorable
    • View Profile
Re: ?My pastor pushed me into N6m ransom transfer?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 11:34:49 AM »

pushed?
there's no ignorance of the law!

does the scripture say for nothing:

make sure of all things and hold on
to that which is true?
CLICK HERE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS ON NBF SOCIAL NETWORK
You Need to Make 50 Posts For Your Link To Appear In your Signature
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPAM TO INCREASE YOUR POSTS COUNT. START BY WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS AND HELPING OTHERS. SPAMMING WILL ONLY GET YOU BANNED!

Offline steveomni

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 08:56:31 PM »
na wa oh! one need to be more careful this days

Offline beibee

• Global Moderator
  • Honorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 04:32:43 PM »

even most careful!
CLICK HERE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS ON NBF SOCIAL NETWORK
You Need to Make 50 Posts For Your Link To Appear In your Signature
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPAM TO INCREASE YOUR POSTS COUNT. START BY WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS AND HELPING OTHERS. SPAMMING WILL ONLY GET YOU BANNED!

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 04:32:43 PM »

ads

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free