Author Topic: BRITISH PREMIERE FOR X FILES FILM  (Read 1951 times)

Offline furtune

• Honorable
  • It is good to be good!
    • View Profile
BRITISH PREMIERE FOR X FILES FILM
« on: July 30, 2008, 06:27:29 PM »

Entitled I Want to Believe, the movie sees David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson reprising their roles as alien-hunting agents Mulder and Scully.

It is 10 years since the first film was released as a spin-off to the original cult television series.

I Want To Believe took $10.2m (?5.1m) in North America on its opening weekend and is released in the UK on Friday.

'Made for fans'

Chris Aronson, the distribution executive for 20th Century Fox, said the figures for the US and Canada were "within our reasonable expectations".

He told the Associated Press: "I read some X Files fan sites and the postings on there were incredibly positive about the film.

"The hardcore X Files fans, they're happy. And frankly, that's who the movie was made for."

The title I Want to Believe comes from the wording on a poster which adorned the alien-hunting agents' office in the TV show.

The script is written by Chris Carter and Frank Spotnitz and sees Mulder and Scully develop their much-debated relationship.

The original TV series won three Golden Globes for best TV drama and ran from 1993 to 2002.

The first X Files movie grossed $187m (?94m) worldwide.

Advertisements

CLICK HERE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS ON NBF SOCIAL NETWORKYou Need to Make 50 Posts For Your Links To Appear In your Signature
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPAM TO INCREASE YOUR POSTS COUNT. START BY WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS AND HELPING OTHERS. SPAMMING WILL ONLY GET YOU BAN

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

BRITISH PREMIERE FOR X FILES FILM
« on: July 30, 2008, 06:27:29 PM »

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free

ads