Author Topic: BATMAN FILM HAS LONDON PREMIERE  (Read 1987 times)

Offline furtune

• Honorable
  • It is good to be good!
    • View Profile
BATMAN FILM HAS LONDON PREMIERE
« on: July 21, 2008, 08:57:25 PM »
The European premiere of the latest Batman film, The Dark Knight, is taking place in London's West End.

Stars attending the screening include Christian Bale, who is in the lead role for a second time, plus Sir Michael Caine and Maggie Gyllenhaal.

A giant batmobile led celebrities down the red carpet in Leicester Square, as flames shot up from the cinema roof.

The movie has already earned $155.3m (?77.7m) in North best America, setting a record an opening weekend.

Bale said the success of the film had been "an incredible surprise" to him.

"Most of the movies that I've done have bombed," he told reporters at a news conference in London to promote the movie.

"I've been referred to as 'box-office poison' quite a lot!"

Gyllenhaal, who played Rachel Dawes, said she was "so glad to be a part" of the success of Batman.

"When I first started making movies I didn't care if anyone saw them, and now I realise I don't want to make movies for the 10 people who feel the same way about the world as I do."

The critically-acclaimed film also features the late Heath Ledger as Batman's arch-rival The Joker.

Sir Michael, who is seen as faithful butler Alfred, has already said he would be "very surprised" if Ledger failed to win an Oscar as "one of the greatest villains you've ever seen".

Ledger died in January at the age 28 from an accidental drugs overdose.

Advertisements

CLICK HERE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS ON NBF SOCIAL NETWORKYou Need to Make 50 Posts For Your Links To Appear In your Signature
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPAM TO INCREASE YOUR POSTS COUNT. START BY WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS AND HELPING OTHERS. SPAMMING WILL ONLY GET YOU BAN

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

BATMAN FILM HAS LONDON PREMIERE
« on: July 21, 2008, 08:57:25 PM »

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free

ads