Author Topic: prophecy  (Read 3325 times)

Offline aminah

• View Profile
prophecy
« on: July 16, 2008, 10:57:33 AM »
there is a nigerian man ,married to a russian lady here in heidelberg ,who believes in anything some prophet in nigeria tells him.
the prophet would call ever now and then and tell him what he ,,sees,, in his visions.
now it happened that this prophet called days ago to warn the nigerian man about a ,,police problem,,.he claimed not been able to see exactly how this nigerian man would be involved but anounced that it might be concerning another person and he should be careful .
his  wife and him are having some marriage problems which would conglude in arguments from time to time.some days after the ,,prophecy,, the two had an argument and the wife in her frustration said she considers at time to get herself knocked out with some brandy and use the car to drive against a tree or wall with high speed to end her life.after saying that she now went into the bedroom to lie down.
the husband took the phone and called the police,telling them that his wife had left the house to kill herself.the police came and found the surprised wife in the house...
after the police left, the wife asked her husband why he called the police and told them she was out to kill herself while she hadn,t left to nowhere.
he told her that the prophet had told him so and that,s why the police came.

now...I would like to ask if that is truely a prophecy that came through or rather a selffulfilled prophecy based on autosujestion.

Advertisements

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

prophecy
« on: July 16, 2008, 10:57:33 AM »

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free

Offline olanajim

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: prophecy
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 09:56:22 AM »
Hmmm you have already answered the question. Self-fulfiling prophecy!

Yes, prophecy can come to pass. There is little mysterous about it. In most cases, we make it come to pass.

It is so simple. That is why it is dangerous to patronise "seers".
CLICK HERE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS ON NBF SOCIAL NETWORK
You Need to Make 50 Posts For Your Links To Appear In both Signature and Posts.

Offline aminah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 10:11:05 AM »
anytime I am in nigeria I am surprised about the huge amount of prophets ...

Offline olanajim

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 10:23:20 AM »
That is because most people are fetish and uninformed about the root of prophecies. Prophets are making more money today because many people allowed them to make their fears a reality.

Offline aminah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 10:48:51 AM »
I believe that too

Offline olanajim

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 12:48:16 PM »
The was this book i read on prophesy, years back. By abu Ammeenah biallal Philips. you can google it to find if it is online.

he spoke of how people make prophecy come to reality...Though I have I read things like that before, I found him very interesting.

one thing I found difficult to understand is why many christain don't want their fellwers to know about the exixtence of jinn. prefering to use the jinn for seeing things meant for spirits and claiming they are hearing from God!

this is something I am yet to understand till date. they would rather refers to them as evil spirits than tell the truth...

Methink, it is that blanket hidding of the fact that made them more suceptible to believe in all manners of visions and prophesies...

Offline aminah

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 02:59:04 PM »
I know dr.phillips but I am not sure what to think of him

Offline olanajim

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 03:33:12 PM »
Why?

Offline olanajim

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 03:44:46 PM »
The book, I can remember was not written by him. He merely translated it. The book was THE JINN, BY IBN TAHEMEYAH. The book was written very long ago. And reported Ibm Taemeeyah's personal experiences and contact with Jinns and their human collaborators. I read it when I was still very young and could still remember the contents. I would however need to get a copy again. Hopefully, I can get one.

According to Islam, Prophecy/Dreams are like a ring fastened on the leg of a flying bird. As long as the bird did not descend, the ring cannot touch the earth.

What it mean is that as long as it is not said, it would not come to pass.

Another thing is that if one don't believe them, they won't have any effect unless the event is already unfolding. For instance, you are known to be a violence person, if you are told that you must beware of someone who would one day stab you, then you have to realise the event is already unfolding.

Just beware of the next man you fight.

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 03:44:46 PM »

ads