Author Topic: PROBES DISMISSAL OF FEMALE NDLEA OFFICER  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Prince

• Administrator
  • Honorable
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.5.6 Firefox 3.5.6
    • View Profile
PROBES DISMISSAL OF FEMALE NDLEA OFFICER
« on: December 21, 2009, 08:59:37 AM »
Probes Dismissal of Female NDLEA Officer
From Sufuyan Ojeifo in Abuja, 12.21.2009

The dismissal of a female officer of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Mrs. Udeoji Tochukwu Francisca, by the agency for allegedly marrying a driver and giving birth to a child has become a subject of Senate investigation.

The investigation followed a petition by Francisca to the Senate Committee on Ethics and Public Petitions dated December 2009 and entitled: ?Wrongful Termination of Appointment and Discrimination in Service.?

The dismissed female officer routed the petition through her representative in the Senate, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe (PDP, Abia South), who, in turn forwarded it to the Senate President, Senator David Mark, under a covering letter.
Abaribe, in his December 15, 2009 letter, wrote: ?I wish to forward the petition of my constituent, Mrs. Udeoji Tochukwu Francisca, who was wrongfully dismissed from NDLEA on account of marriage and child birth.

?The treatment meted out to Mrs. Udeoji is contrary to her right as enshrined in Chapter 4 of 1999 Constitution and too ender discriminatory.?I humbly plead for a review of the matter if for nothing else to lay to rest the possibility of miscarriage of justice as she has consistently maintained that she was wrongfully dismissed.?
Abaribe said that the dismissed NDLEA officr was sacked from her job for the love of seeking to marry Mr. Osondu Enwereuzor, a driver with the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).

He stated that the decision to sack her was ?gender discriminatory,? stressing that it was against her right as enshrined in Chapter 4 of the 1999 Constitution of Nigeria.
After presenting the petition to the Senate last Thursday, Mark promptly directed the Committee on Ethics and Public Petitions to commence full investigations into the circumstances and ensure that it erases the possibility of miscarriage of justice.

The petitioner, in her petition to the Senate, had said that she was a member of Course 7ASN of the NDLEA, which was employed in the agency in May 2001.

She said she was dismissed from the NDLEA on April 13, 2006 because she got married to ?a man who works as a driver with the NDDC.?

According to her, her husband was investigated by the NDLEA when she gave notice of marriage and found to be clean but alleged that she was dismissed because she got married to somebody of junior rank.

In the letter by the NDLEA terminating her appointment, dated April 13, 2006 and signed by the Assistant director, Central Administration, on behalf of the Chairman/Chief executive, the agency accused her of committing ?unapproved single parentage.?

The letter said that unapproved single parentage was contrary to paragraph 12.8(i) schedule 1, part X of NDLEA Regulations 2001(as amended).

But the dismissed woman stated in the petition thus: ?I did not get married to somebody in the same organization; my husband works with the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) while I work with NDLEA.

?The fact that my termination letter reads unapproved single parentage is misconceived or rather borne out of malice with a view to wrongfully terminate my appointment.

?I therefore call upon this Committee that is charged with the duty of (attending to) public petitions to look at all available documentary evidence before you and to avail yourself of the opportunity of interviewing principal parties to this complaint.?

Advertisements

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

PROBES DISMISSAL OF FEMALE NDLEA OFFICER
« on: December 21, 2009, 08:59:37 AM »

Offline Prince

• Administrator
  • Honorable
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.5.6 Firefox 3.5.6
    • View Profile
Re: PROBES DISMISSAL OF FEMALE NDLEA OFFICER
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 09:00:14 AM »
What a shame, dismiss for marrying a driver.

Advertisements

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 09:00:14 AM »

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free

Offline beibee

• Global Moderator
  • Honorable
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 09:23:29 AM »
hope it's not true!
CLICK HERE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS ON NBF SOCIAL NETWORK
You Need to Make 50 Posts For Your Link To Appear In your Signature
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPAM TO INCREASE YOUR POSTS COUNT. START BY WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS AND HELPING OTHERS. SPAMMING WILL ONLY GET YOU BANNED!

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 09:23:29 AM »

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free