Author Topic: PROPHETIC PAINTING  (Read 2579 times)

Offline IslandGirl

• Guru
    • View Profile
PROPHETIC PAINTING
« on: July 03, 2008, 02:38:58 AM »
So the thread about the prophetic dreams got me thinking about a womens conference I went to.  One of the classes I took was on prophetic painting.  I wasn't sure what to expect because my thought was if you set out to paint a prophetic painting then how is it prophetic??  I wanted to know and my dad is an awesome artist so figured surely there is some sort of gene in me that might come out.  The instructor told us all about prophetic painting and then turned on worship music and told us to paint.  For me I knew that since I am such a logical thinking person I needed to not set out to paint something in particular, everything had to come from my soul, my heart - let me tell you it was hard because I like to be in control of my surroundings.  It was a totally moving experience for me, the first 10 minutes I couldn't paint a thing, I just sat and cried and I have no idea why.  I started painting and during part of the process I even closed my eyes and just painted. 

So, what did I paint?  Well, go to the gallery, I posted a picture there.  What really awesome is when I turn the picture different way most see different things.  You can't do that here, unless you turn your head - LOL!  I will tell you what I saw and what others have seen in my painting, but first would love to hear what you see.

Advertisements

« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 02:38:21 AM by IslandGirl »
I can do all things through God who strengthens me!

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

PROPHETIC PAINTING
« on: July 03, 2008, 02:38:58 AM »

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free

Offline aminah

• View Profile
Re: Prophetic Painting
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 11:08:42 AM »
I just looked at your painting (and even looked at it from different angles by turning my laptop upside down and all around.... :)).
I am not familiar with the term prophetic painting...but I know about expressive painting.

I believe I should meditate on your picture more but here just what came to me when I had my first look at.

two forces struggle with oneanother , the heart is right in between trying to decide which side to follow .also from the colours black and red it seems a bit frightening as I associate these colours with death and dying...blue is the colour of hope,the colour of the sky,of serenity...in all the chaos there is a calm ,save place....

Offline furtune

• Honorable
  • It is good to be good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 12:55:44 PM »
The painting is kind of scaring and having the two combination of colours red and black....
CLICK HERE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS ON NBF SOCIAL NETWORKYou Need to Make 50 Posts For Your Links To Appear In your Signature
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPAM TO INCREASE YOUR POSTS COUNT. START BY WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS AND HELPING OTHERS. SPAMMING WILL ONLY GET YOU BAN

Offline IslandGirl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 02:32:05 PM »
See I knew that people of different cultures would see things differently. 

Offline aminah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 10:07:55 PM »
See I knew that people of different cultures would see things differently. 

tell us what people of your culture see in your painting...or rather what do you see?

Offline IslandGirl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 10:23:40 PM »
There is much, when I get home from work I will post.

Offline IslandGirl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 01:10:37 AM »
Aminah - my very first reaction when I saw it was similiar to yours but I saw a woman in the center struggling to decide which way to go.  Others saw in the center the woman (which by the way is what I painted when I had closed my eyes so was surprised when I saw it), she is facing her darkness which is receding, behind her she has the power of the Blood of Christ moving her forward.  There are also strokes of red within her, in her mind and on her mouth, heart and body signifying Christ is also within her and her demeanor is peaceful,  the blue like you saw calm within the chaos.  The yellow also signifies accomplishment/success. Which is part of what is pushing back the darkness and there is a whole lot of yellow within the woman.  Some saw children being cared for and held by the mother, some saw puppies.   Also, below the woman in blue and white there is bird, the woman who saw that saw it as a Phoenix a mythological bird which when it is aging it builds a nest and then ignites, burns to ashes and then out of the ashes becomes a young bird, giving it a new beginning.  When turned so the red is on the bottom, the center object looks like a kidney, which represents cleansing, others saw a heart like you did.  When upside down: right near the darkness there is an arm swinging a hammer, beating the darkness down.

Since this painting came from within me, the woman is me.  The most interesting thing is that of the women in this class only three knew me and knew what my life had been like over the past year (I painted this in February) and they didn't say anything other than confiming what the others were seeing was what they saw.  The other women (now including you) knew absolutely nothing about me or the struggles I faced.  They didn't know that just 4 or 5 weeks earlier a Ugandan minister came to our church and preached a sermon about New Beginning or how it spoke right into my soul and I heard God tell me this was a year of New Beginning for my life.  They didn't know that I was a tools salesperson and love building things, they didn't know that one of the prayer warriors at the conference had a vision when she was praying over me of dry bones coming out of the sand and formed a woman with a hammer and she was swinging it.

The total experience of the entire weekend was so phenominal I can't even begin to put words to it.  It was then that I knew I must find my purpose, my direction and my mission. 

Offline aminah

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 10:07:00 AM »
I can cope with your explanation...
to me though a heart and a person are bsaically the same since what makes us is our heart...our feelings and emotions ...to me the blue figure in the middle of the picture looks like a heart muscle...with it,s chambers inside.maybe I see that cause I am a nurse.... :)

Offline IslandGirl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 10:21:32 AM »
Absolutely makes sense aminah.  One reason I shared is because I know people see with their experiences, their eyes so when I take in their viewpoint I see another perspective that I hadn't seen before.

Offline beibee

• Global Moderator
  • Honorable
    • View Profile
Re: PROPHETIC PAINTING
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 06:50:22 PM »

all so intriguing...
you seem a very religious person
yet so liberal!

i shall look at the painting and see
if i can see anything...
CLICK HERE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS ON NBF SOCIAL NETWORK
You Need to Make 50 Posts For Your Link To Appear In your Signature
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPAM TO INCREASE YOUR POSTS COUNT. START BY WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS AND HELPING OTHERS. SPAMMING WILL ONLY GET YOU BANNED!

Offline IslandGirl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 07:20:22 PM »
sorry beibee I removed the picture from the gallery, I will put it back when I get home.

much more conservative than liberal, but my parents are quite liberal so I grew up in a very liberally artistic home, I enjoy all the arts - painting, drawings, theatre, opera, ballet, etc  I went to Paris nearly 3 years ago on was in complete heaven, I just saturated myself in the arts there, I could have lived in the museums and still not seen and absorbed all I wanted.  I found a nez love of sculpture while there, I didn't know I had - they sculptures there just moved me, I can hardly explain it - and Picasso - OH MY GOSH, I have NEVER really liked his worked but ater visiting his home and absorbing everything there, his work just atttached itself to my psyche and I dreamt of his work for 3 nights.

Offline beibee

• Global Moderator
  • Honorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 07:30:06 PM »

very intriguing...your experiences
CLICK HERE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS ON NBF SOCIAL NETWORK
You Need to Make 50 Posts For Your Link To Appear In your Signature
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPAM TO INCREASE YOUR POSTS COUNT. START BY WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS AND HELPING OTHERS. SPAMMING WILL ONLY GET YOU BANNED!

Offline IslandGirl

• Guru
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 02:42:42 AM »
ARGH!!!  Nearly forgot I was going to re-post the pic.  Go check it out!

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 02:42:42 AM »

ads