Author Topic: The Best Way to Write an Effective Cover Letter  (Read 511 times)

Offline careernaija

• Cadet
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 56.0.2924.87 Chrome 56.0.2924.87
    • View Profile
  • Profession: IT
The Best Way to Write an Effective Cover Letter
« on: March 02, 2017, 01:01:03 PM »
It is an easy mistake.

You see a job advert and you know you are qualified.  In excitement, the next thing you do is send your cover letter and CV to the hiring manager.

Right?

No, donít ever do that.

First impressions matter a lot but when you send your application without paying considerable attention to the cover letter, then you are missing a good chance to create a good first impression.

The good news though is that writing an effective cover letter that gets the attention of the hiring manager is not rocket science. and can be learnt.

That is exactly the focus of this article.  Help you understand what a cover letter is and how you can write a good cover letter anytime you are applying for a job vacancy.

So what is a cover letter?

What is a cover letter?         

A cover letter for a job is a letter of introduction that introduces you to the potential employer stating why you are the perfect candidates for the job roles advertised.

Now that we have gotten the definition of what a cover letter is, let us look at why a cover letter is important and how you can write one.

Before we progress, let me tell you Maryís story.

I met Mary about 8 months ago and immediately I saw her, I knew something was wrong.  Over coffee, she explained how she was frustrated with her job search.  She has sent her CV to different recruiters and she has not heard back from them.  So she was worried about what she might be doing wrong.

Of course, it did not take a seer to know precisely where the issues are.  If you keep sending your CV to recruiters and you are not getting an invite for interview, it simply can be one of two things.

So how precisely do you write a good cover letter hxxp: www. careernaija. com/blog/what-is-a-cover-letter/

Advertisements

career coach and advisor at www. careernaija. com

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

The Best Way to Write an Effective Cover Letter
« on: March 02, 2017, 01:01:03 PM »

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free

ads