Author Topic: HUMAN TRAFFICKING FOR SEXUAL EXPLOITATION  (Read 2867 times)

Offline samsonlipuka

• Jr Poster
  • I salute you all Nigeria Best Forum Members
    • View Profile
HUMAN TRAFFICKING FOR SEXUAL EXPLOITATION
« on: June 21, 2008, 11:10:49 AM »
The CNN broadcast a story on 21st June 2008 at 06. 00 am, East African Time, about human trafficking for sexual exploitation.  Knowing the operation of CCN, there can be no doubt, that this series will be repeated.  And having seen it in Kenya, it must have been seen in other countries as well.

The programme, entitled TRAPPED, appears to be a series which will be broadcast every saturday for quiote sometime.

You will be wondering why I am bringing this story here.  This is because I am writing in a Nigerian Forum, and the story concerns Nigeria.  It it not the first time CNN has had these series.  And it is not the only Media House which has highlighted this kind of story.  In fact, I have talked about this in other Nigerian Fora, and got a lot of insults from Nigerians.

Let me tell you the story as it was broadcast.  It is quite simply that Edo State is a center of Human trafficking and sexual exploitation.  According to the story, girls are sold, yes sold, since parents get money, with promises of jobs.  The girls are then taken away and are rarely seen again.  According to the story, sometimes the parents are threatened with death.

There were pictures, which the lady reporter said, were taken just outside Benin.  The pictures were of virtually naked children, discrepit school, and poverty-stricked women, who said they did not mind where their daughters were taken, as long as they brought money to pay some unspecified debts.  We even had an interview of a girl who said she was chased away from home when she returned so that she could get money to pay the so-called family debts.

The pictures were very sad.  I felt sorry for all those who were affected.  This is not the first time this story has been broadcast.  The fact that it has been repeated means there are people who are interested in the story.

Unfortunately, I have not heard of any rejoinder from the Nigerian Government.  The only person of note, who has ever been interviewed on this matter, in HardTalk, the BBC programme, was the wife od the Governor of Edo Statesome years ago.  I doubt where she is the right person to talk about such a serious matter.

If this is still happening, can someone come to the help of these girls? Sending girls to a life of prostitution just for money is the most unfortunate thing that can happen to a human being.

Advertisements

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

HUMAN TRAFFICKING FOR SEXUAL EXPLOITATION
« on: June 21, 2008, 11:10:49 AM »

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free

Offline Prince

• Administrator
  • Honorable
    • View Profile
Re: HUMAN TRAFFICKING FOR SEXUAL EXPLOITATION
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 11:23:23 AM »
It's really a sad news,
but i believe that Nigeria gov should be doing something over it.

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

Re: HUMAN TRAFFICKING FOR SEXUAL EXPLOITATION
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 11:23:23 AM »

ads

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free