Author Topic: Fayemi Declares Interest to Run for Second Term  (Read 375 times)

Offline furtune

• Honorable
  • It is good to be good!
  • Windows NT 6.3 Windows NT 6.3
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 32.0.1700.76 Chrome 32.0.1700.76
    • View Profile
Fayemi Declares Interest to Run for Second Term
« on: January 27, 2014, 09:23:35 AM »

Barely 72 hours after the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) released the timetable for the governorship election in Ekiti State, the state  Governor, Dr.  Kayode Fayemi, Sunrday  confirmed his interest to run for a second term in office. Fayemi, in a statement he personally signed in which he gave reasons why is seeking another term in office, also announced the constitution of his campaign committee, which will be headed by a member of the House of Representatives, Hon. Bimbo Daramola.

The governor, in the statement issued in Ado-Ekiti, said: ?Following the groundswell of support by leaders and members of our party as well as the generality of Ekiti people from the nooks and crannies of Ekiti State and in the Diaspora, it is with a profound sense of gratitude and responsibility that I today accept the calls by our people to seek re-election for a second term in office.

?You have made the calls, and today I have opted to act in deference to those sacred calls by throwing my hat into the ring for a free and fair contest  for the exalted office for a second term.?
 Explaining why he decided to heed the calls to seek re-election, Fayemi said: ?Our people can faithfully testify that together the Collective Rescue Mission we promised at the outset of our first term in office has crystallised.

?Indeed our people can testify to how we have rescued Ekiti State from the years of locusts and returned our dear state to the path of respectability, stability and development.
 ?Our people can affirm that we have kept faith with the Roadmap to Ekiti Recovery - our eight-point agenda. Every stratum of Ekiti State can see our footprints on those key sectors we promised to touch.

?My readiness to heed your calls today is therefore a demonstration of our collective commitment to continue the good work we have begun.?

During the third anniversary of the Fayemi administration, various interest groups, women, youths, artisans as well as leaders and members of the All Progressives Congress (APC ) from the 16 local government areas of the state had called on the governor to seek re-election to continue the recovery and restoration work he had begun.

Referring to his endorsements by the various interest groups in the state, the governor said his desire to run again should not be misconstrued that it would be a lone race as he called on other aspirants not to let his declaration scare them away from actualising their ambitions.
 ?My decision to heed the calls of our people, following the plethora of endorsements I have received from the leaders and members of our party does not translate to the closure of the political space for contest.

?I, therefore, look forward to fair competition from my co-aspirants within and outside our party. I look forward to very robust debates and issue- based campaign,? he said.

Announcing the constitution of his campaign committee, the governor said it would be headed by Daramola, who would serve as the director-general, while Hon. Biodun Omoleye, the currently Special Adviser (Policy and Strategy), in his government would be the deputy.

Other members of the campaign committee are Mr. Sanmi Omiata, who would serve as the in-house Communications Director, Mrs. Bunmi Adelugba, Director of Finance and Administration and Mr. Dimeji Daniels, Campaign Spokesperson.

According to him, ?my reason for the appointment of these illustrious citizens of Ekiti State who are professionals with impeccable credentials to stir the process of our campaign is to enable me keep my eyes on the business of governance while we run a truly professional and edifying campaign.?

Advertisements

CLICK HERE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS ON NBF SOCIAL NETWORKYou Need to Make 50 Posts For Your Links To Appear In your Signature
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPAM TO INCREASE YOUR POSTS COUNT. START BY WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS AND HELPING OTHERS. SPAMMING WILL ONLY GET YOU BAN

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

« on: January 27, 2014, 09:23:35 AM »

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free

ads

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free