Author Topic: Nigeria Will Overcome Its Challenges, Says Jonathan  (Read 319 times)

Offline furtune

• Honorable
  • It is good to be good!
  • Windows NT 6.3 Windows NT 6.3
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 32.0.1700.76 Chrome 32.0.1700.76
    • View Profile
Nigeria Will Overcome Its Challenges, Says Jonathan
« on: January 27, 2014, 09:06:53 AM »

President Goodluck Jonathan Sunday  assured the people that Nigeria would overcome its challenges and get to the Promised Land.

The president, who spoke during a church service at Living Faith Church Worldwide  (Winners?  Chapel), Goshen City, Nasarawa State, urged the the church leadership to continue to pray for the country, as there was no alternative to prayers.

He said: ?I assure you this country will cross the bridge. Yes, we have challenges as a nation, even the most developed nations pass through stages sometimes even more challenging than we face today; but what happened yesterday (Saturday) in South Africa  will be the story of this nation.

?Those of you who watched that match (Super Eagles)  will know that it is not easy at the beginning, it was as if Nigeria was to be demolished but  all of a sudden, the young men came very strong and we won. That is how it will be with the story of this country.

?With your prayers and commitment we will get to the destination. The Promised  Land has never been an easy one for any nation; it was not easy for the Israelites and I promise that myself and my colleagues will continue to do what is right for this country.?

The president restated the commitment of his administration  to do what was right at all time.
 ?We will do our best but like I always say, whatever I do, I should be able to tell God why I did it. All what we require is your prayers, and Nigeria will get to its destination. I wish you a prosperous 2014,? he told the congregation.

Earlier, Bishop David Abioye, said prayers played major role in ensuring that leaders abide  to the will of God.

?We keep praying: God keeps guiding our leaders. When we pray, they gravitate towards what is good; that is why the church must keep praying. They are guided by our prayers. They are the targets of the enemy.

?When a leader makes a wrong decision, the whole people will be affected. Our leaders will not make wrong decisions,? the bishop said.

He  also commended Jonathan for signing the Anti-gay Bill into law and urged other African nations to emulate Nigeria on same-sex marriage.

Advertisements

CLICK HERE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS ON NBF SOCIAL NETWORKYou Need to Make 50 Posts For Your Links To Appear In your Signature
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPAM TO INCREASE YOUR POSTS COUNT. START BY WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS AND HELPING OTHERS. SPAMMING WILL ONLY GET YOU BAN

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

« on: January 27, 2014, 09:06:53 AM »

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free

ads

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free