Author Topic: SHARE YOUR IMMIGRATION PROBLEMS AND EXPERIENCE HERE  (Read 11513 times)

Offline Prince

• Administrator
  • Honorable
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.0.13 Firefox 3.0.13
    • View Profile
SHARE YOUR IMMIGRATION PROBLEMS AND EXPERIENCE HERE
« on: August 08, 2009, 09:24:37 AM »
This thread is to help Nigerians willing to travel as 9 out of 10 are willing to leave if they have the means.

Tell us your experiences at the foreign embassies trying to obtain a visa.

Nigerians abroad, share your experience with us trying to obtain a stay or a resident permit.

Below is a short story of our American member married to a Nigerian and our members encouraging replies.....

IslandGirl
It is with great sadness and disappoinment that I am writing to request your prayers.

My husband called me early this morning and informed me that he did not receive a visa approval.  He was asked about eight questions and answered one incorrectly.  He was given a piece of paper that stated more reseach needed to done to verify his eligibility to receive a visa based on marriage to a US citizen they are questioning the legitimacy of our marriage.  We have been put on "Administrative Processing" or AP.

The research I have done says that AP is a place to put people to test them. Some have been extremely lucky and gotten approval after 2 weeks, others I have met are still on AP after 2 years. We knew AP was a possibility, but most receive it before the interview. My husband feels terrible because he answered one question incorrectly and I feel terrible because I couldn?t go to the interview.

Our whole process has been without flaw, I checked, double checked and even checked a third and fourth time EVERYTHING before I sent it in. I organized and explained everything and it paid off because we were never questioned about anything or asked for anything additional. I was so careful and now we got to this point and because I couldn?t be there and he told the interviewer the place I worked when we first met incorrectly our marriage is being looked at as fraudulent. What is frustrating is that I sentmy husband 4 pounds of documents showing a ?bonafide? marriage and the interviewer only looked at 2 pictures and gave the folders back to my husband.

We aren?t giving up, we are fighting this every step we can. I have already emailed the embassy and they have already responded telling me they are researching our case and don?t know when they will be complete. In a few weeks I can call a congressman and request a congressional inquiry.

God is truly awesome though, He will and already is sustaining us through this ordeal. This morning when Spirit 105.3 texted me a Bible verse of the day it was 1 Peter 5:10 ?And being a God of grace?He will restore you himself and make you strong, firm and steadfast.? We definitely needed that verse today. Who knew God uses text messaging!
Please continue to keep us in your prayers.

Prince
IG never give up, these are one of the daily obstacles we blacks face, if your husband happen to be a white african, he would have got his visa without interview.

It's a real madness, fraud or no fraud, marriage is a constitutional right, you're free to marry who you want, including a terrorist and they don't have the right to stop you to marry who you love, even if he's a black or a terrorist.

If they keep making things hard for you, just get a lawyer, it's a win case, all the shit questions they're asking your man are illegal. There're many free associations or group lawyers out there.

Keep us updated.

Icebabe
Hi IG, please dont give up. I believe all things work together for our good. We are with you in prayers. With God all things are possible. Wow! I played your theme song over and over again and I absolutely loved it. Take care sis

beibee
islandgirl: sorry dear. got your sms. i felt so so bad when i got your text.
none the less, keep your head up even though the chance seems slim now.

ebony
am good....IG, sry abt that

ACEMO1
IG is your husband in lagos now or where?
it breaks my heart to hear this.l am genuinely concerned.
nevertheless, never give up keep your head up
the only advise will be to get your congress man to write a letter to the embassy that works much better than the  free attorneys
this is persecution but you will come out a winner l have a couple of ideas but will  like  to discuss off line.Cheer up because you are a winner l have experienced similar situations in the past.
my cousin is going thru the same issue with the British embassy
My sister just finished wrestling out her green card from US immigration
l totally understand what you are going thru
Maybe by the next interview you may want to be in Nigeria yourself (this also helps) the process.

IslandGirl
Thanks Prince, today I called the Department of State and was told this is standard procedure.  She didn't say "standard procedure for Africans" but I know that's what she meant because I have many friends who received visa same day of interview who are from Phillipines, Mexico, Canada, UK.  She told me not to worry to call back in a week.

Thanks Icebabe.  God placed that song in my heart about 2 weeks ago and I just needed to listen to it every day - didn't know it was going to have such strong meaning for me now.  I had seen the movie, "Facing the Giants" but don't remember the song being in it, it's a movie about a couple who is having a hard time getting pregnant (also a football theme too).  I knew the song from the movie, "Fireproof" (same film company), it's a movie about a couple struggling in their marriage, here's that video.

Head being held high sweet beibee, we will overcome!

ACEMO1 - He is going through the consulate in Dakar, Senegal.  Beside Lagos, it is one of the most difficult embassy's to get a visa from.  If they require another interview, I will definitely be there.  I was supposed to be there this time, but financially it was impossible.  BUT yesterday I got a letter from an insurance company that said they are issuing me a check because my grandmother who passed away in May left me some money.  So I hope to get that soon, it will be enough for our plane tickets (my roundtrip and his oneway home!) and hotel.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE PRAYERS!!  I'll let y'all know how the process is coming along.

Advertisements

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

SHARE YOUR IMMIGRATION PROBLEMS AND EXPERIENCE HERE
« on: August 08, 2009, 09:24:37 AM »

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free

Offline naanee_mene

• Still New
  • Java Platform Micro Edition Java Platform Micro Edition
  • Browser:
  • Opera 8.01 (Opera Mini 3.1.10423) Opera 8.01 (Opera Mini 3.1.10423)
    • View Profile
Re: SHARE YOUR IMMIGRATION PROBLEMS AND EXPERIENCE HERE
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 10:12:32 AM »
God bless Nigeria
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 06:54:56 AM by naanee_mene »

Offline Prince

• Administrator
  • Honorable
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.0.13 Firefox 3.0.13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 10:19:57 AM »
Start your own thread, then we can advice you there.

Offline Laurinaki

• 100% Free Love Community at: www.babefishing.com
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 16.0.912.63 Chrome 16.0.912.63
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 12:13:42 AM »
Nice thread, i'll get back to in, a bit sleepy now ;)
Find free love at babefishing. com; 100% free love community where everythin' is free including the people

Offline AaronWallis

• Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 9.0.1 Firefox 9.0.1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 10:30:37 AM »
What was the outcome?

Offline Laurinaki

• 100% Free Love Community at: www.babefishing.com
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 16.0.912.63 Chrome 16.0.912.63
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 09:36:24 PM »
Quote from: AaronWallis link=topic=40106. msg431477#msg431477 date=1326015037
What was the outcome?
Is this pointing to me?
Find free love at babefishing. com; 100% free love community where everythin' is free including the people

Offline examsandvisa

• Jr Poster
  • Browser:
  • MS Internet Explorer 9.0 MS Internet Explorer 9.0
    • View Profile
  • Profession: Web Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 03:28:33 PM »
*Get Travel Services & Register For An Exam In Nigeria Today !!!

Dear Surfer,

Exams & Visa Registras, is a education and travel consultant in Nigeria.  We know what you need for TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, IELTS & SAT test/exam registration/training and Travel/Study services in Nigeria.  Surf our pages and contact us today, to experience our innovative/effective services.  We offer test takers in Nigeria lots of benefits when they register or train with us; from free study materials (official softwares guides & textbooks ) to free online simulation tests. 

Its very simple visit our website's exam/test registration page " hxxp: examsandvisaregistras. com/registration-form. html " and register for a test.  or Email /call us @ contact@examsandvisaregistras. com  @ 08179984468 or 08058703080

Thank You.
Exams & Visa Registras

Offline odun2

• Browser:
  • Firefox 35.0 Firefox 35.0
    • View Profile
  • Profession: student
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 04:58:13 PM »
THESE  EMBASSIES LIKE TO MAKE YANGA FOR US

Post Merge: January 20, 2015, 10:25:08 AM