Author Topic: TIPS ON HOW TO HANDLE YOUR FIRST JOB INTERVIEW  (Read 16027 times)

Offline Prince

• Administrator
  • Honorable
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.0.7 Firefox 3.0.7
    • View Profile
TIPS ON HOW TO HANDLE YOUR FIRST JOB INTERVIEW
« on: March 23, 2009, 10:01:11 PM »
So you have graduated and are now looking for a job. Welcome to the adult world! It is totally natural to be nervous when facing your first job interview, you donít know what to expect, and feel totally out of depth. Well here are a few tips to see you through.

* Make sure your resume is well detailed and accurate; sometimes we tend to skip some parts because we feel it isnít necessary, but it helps because it lets the employer see your personality.

* Dress the part - First impressions go a long way, so if you applying for a corporate job make sure you are dressed conservatively, and in a more casual environment, donít go overly formal. Therefore make sure your clothes fit the environment.

* Do your homework- it is important to know some background facts about the company you wish to work in, because otherwise it smacks of indifference, and makes the employer doubt if you really want to work there.

* Give the right impression - Make sure you are punctual, or just to be safe, go early. Bring all necessary documents with you i.e. copies of your resume, copy of reference etc. be confident and make eye contact, give the impression of a capable and reliable person.

* Prepare yourself - it is always better to practice, by having a question and answer session beforehand, but even though, expect an unexpected question.

And remember that all you can do is give your best, not everyone can get a job in the first try, so keep on trying till you get what you want.

Advertisements

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

TIPS ON HOW TO HANDLE YOUR FIRST JOB INTERVIEW
« on: March 23, 2009, 10:01:11 PM »

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free

Offline beibee

• Global Moderator
  • Honorable
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0
    • View Profile
Re: TIPS ON HOW TO HANDLE YOUR FIRST JOB INTERVIEW
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 03:18:20 PM »
thanks
CLICK HERE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS ON NBF SOCIAL NETWORK
You Need to Make 50 Posts For Your Link To Appear In your Signature
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPAM TO INCREASE YOUR POSTS COUNT. START BY WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS AND HELPING OTHERS. SPAMMING WILL ONLY GET YOU BANNED!

Offline georgebuffet

• Jr Poster
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 2.0.0.20 Firefox 2.0.0.20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 03:41:10 PM »
HI There !!

Thanks for the nice tips.  These tips will give a confidence to the persons who are going for the interview.

:)
Regards,

George Buffet
www. careersoilgas. com

Offline beibee

• Global Moderator
  • Honorable
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 03:53:23 PM »
i can always refer to it
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPAM TO INCREASE YOUR POSTS COUNT. START BY WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS AND HELPING OTHERS. SPAMMING WILL ONLY GET YOU BANNED!

Offline Ambee

• Jr Cadet
  • Java Platform Micro Edition Java Platform Micro Edition
  • Browser:
  • Opera 9.80 (Opera Mini 5.0.15650Mod.by.Handler) Opera 9.80 (Opera Mini 5.0.15650Mod.by.Handler)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 11:53:46 PM »
i have always been a science and tech oriented guy. pls help me draw a clear line between a career and a job, a cv and a resume.  i am a fresh graduate.

Offline beibee

• Global Moderator
  • Honorable
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 12:06:31 PM »
to beibee, career and job can be used interchangeably.

technically, though, career involves your work history over time.
technically, too, job means what you do to get paid salary.

some, i've come to know see career as some kind of job area you choose
to spend a considerable time of your life doing...

while job to them is something you do to earn a living.

a cv and a resume?

it's either a cv or a resume!

both terms mean the same thing: record of education and employment (if you've worked before), other activities or afffiliations and personal data that you send when applying for a job (usually not more than two pages).

best wishes to you.

Offline Oceantide24

• Windows Vista Windows Vista
  • Browser:
  • Opera 9.60 Opera 9.60
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 04:37:59 AM »
Alternatively, job could be a form of activity  (usually not very long lasting) which someone undertakes to earn a living. it may or may not be within an established field unlike career which is a longer lasting and more definite field in which one usually has spent or intends to spend a reasonable degree of his life time in
hxxp: techtalkafrica. com/category/apps/best-iphone-apps/

Offline djbrown

• Cadet
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.0.14 Firefox 3.0.14
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 11:06:33 AM »
well. . just make sure your resume is well detailed and accurate.
Work from Home Jobs

Offline beibee

• Global Moderator
  • Honorable
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 11:36:16 AM »
noted

Offline ubby4ever

• New
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 06:01:40 PM »
Thank you

Offline beibee

• Global Moderator
  • Honorable
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 05:23:08 PM »
welcome...

Offline solidcash

• Semi Cadet
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Mozilla compatible Mozilla compatible
    • View Profile
  • Profession: Content Manager
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 04:14:59 PM »
Agreed
Visit www.  nigerianjobportal.  com for latest recruitment opportunities in Nigeria.

Offline beibee

• Global Moderator
  • Honorable
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 01:12:25 PM »
ok

Offline Chyke27

• BlackBerry 7290 BlackBerry 7290
  • Browser:
  • Unknown Unknown
    • View Profile
more tips
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 04:34:34 AM »

More Tips

1)Before answering a question from an interviewer,pause for a few seconds to understand the reason behind the question. Do not be in a hurry to give an answer and never interrupt the interviewer. This makes you come across as calculative and a considerate person.

2)Your appearance counts,the truth is that no employer would hire an employee he never likes. Take care of the very small things that could make you repulsive or repellant to people for instance,be sure to brush your teeth and floss after meal before the interview,it will be a pity to do well intellectually only to be disqualified due to a mouth odour.
Take a bath and look as fresh as possible and make sure you put on a freshly laundered and pressed cloth. For a man,facial hair should be well shaved or trimmed and fingernails well trimmed as well. All should avoid highly concentrated perfume or deodorant,the type that waft 20 metres ahead of you.
Ladies should be sure they put on their brazziers and avoid clothings that show the cleavage on their chests,no employer,no matter how randy wants a seductress on their payroll.

3)Exhibit your strength. Bear in mind that the employer is conducting the interview in the first place because he is unsure of who to hire and 'scared' of making a mistake. Your strength are those attributes that put you ahead of other job seekers such as punctuality,ability to get along with others,not putting in the minimum you could get away with but the maximum for which you were hired. Ability to make for the company an amount more than your pay,etc.

4)NEVER make an uncomplimentary remark about a former employer,your present potential employer would infere that to be how you would refer to him when you no longer work with him.

5)Be sure to research the company before the interview using any means available to you,nothing would disqualify you as quickly as asking "what do you people do here".

6)Be confident,the employer is looking for you the way you are looking for a job. Needs you as much as you need them.

Finally,consider unconventional means of employment of which if you are interested you could send me a mail at smartmillionaires@gmail. com
The Lord is in His Holy Temple,let the whole earth be still before Him

Offline seoparveen1

• Still New
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6.16 Firefox 3.6.16
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 12:39:21 PM »
Quote from: Prince link=topic=25646.  msg142584#msg142584 date=1237842071
So you have graduated and are now looking for a job.   Welcome to the adult world! It is totally natural to be nervous when facing your first job interview, you donít know what to expect, and feel totally out of depth.   Well here are a few tips to see you through. 

* Make sure your resume is well detailed and accurate; sometimes we tend to skip some parts because we feel it isnít necessary, but it helps because it lets the employer see your personality. 

* Dress the part - First impressions go a long way, so if you applying for a corporate job make sure you are dressed conservatively, and in a more casual environment, donít go overly formal.   Therefore make sure your clothes fit the environment. 

* Do your homework- it is important to know some background facts about the company you wish to work in, because otherwise it smacks of indifference, and makes the employer doubt if you really want to work there. 

* Give the right impression - Make sure you are punctual, or just to be safe, go early.   Bring all necessary documents with you i.  e.   copies of your resume, copy of reference etc.   be confident and make eye contact, give the impression of a capable and reliable person. 

* Prepare yourself - it is always better to practice, by having a question and answer session beforehand, but even though, expect an unexpected question. 

And remember that all you can do is give your best, not everyone can get a job in the first try, so keep on trying till you get what you want. 

These tips are really very good i like them.  I fear of facing the interview i think these tips will increase my confidence level and i will get the job after the interview. 
Really heartily thanks for these tips if more tips then please share here. 
Coloring Pages | Seo Services india | Website development

Offline surajkhkhr

• New
  • Windows NT 6.1 Windows NT 6.1
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 14.0.835.202 Chrome 14.0.835.202
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 08:48:17 AM »
Hi,
   this is suraj from india.
   I am a job seeker in abroad. but i have not any  idea for interviewing process.  If you have any tips and tricks please share this with me .

Thanks.   

« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 08:53:45 AM by surajkhkhr »
 Seo Services in Delhi  |  Seo Training in Delhi  |  Freelance Content Writer in Delhi |  Coloring Pages

Offline warnnerlain

• Jr Cadet
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 8.0 Firefox 8.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 07:34:14 AM »
i really like your tips. . Thanks for the nice tips.   These tips will give a confidence to the persons who are going for the interview. 
Christmas Bingo Cards

Offline seetha

• Still New
  • Windows NT 6.1 Windows NT 6.1
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6.24 Firefox 3.6.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2011, 09:53:41 AM »
thanks for sharing nice tips.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Plc training in chennai/Plc training in chennai/plc training institute in chennai/]/industrial automation training chennai/Plc training in chennai

Offline monyonlin

• New
  • Linux (Ubuntu) Linux (Ubuntu)
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6.24 Firefox 3.6.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2011, 12:40:44 PM »
Thanks for those valuable tips.  Those tips were like price less when we were going to handle the job interview.

earn money blogging

Offline emmypanther

• Semi Cadet
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6.28 Firefox 3.6.28
    • View Profile
  • Profession: Employee
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 06:48:36 AM »
Here all these tips are really nice some of them which I like the most is take care of the very small things that could make you repulsive or repellant to people for instance
business management programs

Offline Adam Thomas

• Cadet
  • Linux (Ubuntu) Linux (Ubuntu)
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6.10 Firefox 3.6.10
    • View Profile
  • Profession: business
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 06:28:15 PM »
Interview is a thing which is required full confidence level while facing it.  At the time of interview you have to be sure about the things.  You have to give a perfect answer while facing the interview don't show the probability in the answer.
800 HD

Offline S.Factor123

• Semi Cadet
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 13.0.1 Firefox 13.0.1
    • View Profile
  • Profession: student
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2012, 12:29:22 PM »
I found these tips quite helpful for a perfect interview, I think that practice is the best thing to make an interview perfect, I remember how I used to do practice for my job and it really helped me a lot.
Portable Ice Maker

Syed2011

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012, 11:05:44 AM »
I would say, the first impression is the key point to grab opportunity at first interaction with your Recruiter/employer.   Unless you are not sure what you are going to ask your employer, you probably keeping your self outside the interviewer mind.   Before going for a job interview make sure you have enough knowledge about the company where you are going to be interviewed.  , make a list of question to be asked to employer if they offer you to ask question.   might help you to prove what they are looking for.   A part of it dressing and looks is the second issue.  . 

-Syed-

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012, 11:05:44 AM »

ads

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free