Author Topic: TROUBLE MAKING A LIVING AT LAGOS ARTS AND CRAFTS MARKET  (Read 5760 times)

Offline Prince

• Administrator
  • Honorable
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.0.6 Firefox 3.0.6
    • View Profile
TROUBLE MAKING A LIVING AT LAGOS ARTS AND CRAFTS MARKET
« on: March 02, 2009, 10:41:22 AM »

Arts of survival

Global marketplaces feel the downturn

Inside Oba Elegushi market in Lagos.

Lagos markets and traders are starting to feel the pinch as oil prices fall, government revenue shrinks and Nigeria's currency, the Naira, slides against the US dollar.

"The present economic crisis is affecting every aspect of life here," says Adamu Bima, 35, a trader at the Oba Elegushi arts and crafts market, who also holds a degree in economics.

"I struggle to make ends meet. I sometimes have to borrow to support my family."

The market is known for its colourful mix of paintings, beads, woodwork, bronze and tie-dye fabrics, produced in Nigeria, Kenya, Mali and others parts of Africa.

It's a tourist attraction, but fewer people are buying, and those that do buy are spending less, says Adamu Bima.

Job hunt

One of the problems is that the Naira has fallen from 118 to the dollar in November, to 145 today.

"I sell Nigerian and imported leather and wooden arts. It now costs more both for the goods that are imported and the locally made ones," says Adamu Bima.

A few months ago he could buy a leather case for N2000 ($14). Now it costs N3000 ($20).

The price of food, transport and clothing is also rising.

Adamu Bima says he has been in the business for 20 years but is now looking for an alternative.

Market traders are experiencing real hardship, he says.

He wants the government to import less, export more and put more emphasis on agriculture.

Advertisements

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

TROUBLE MAKING A LIVING AT LAGOS ARTS AND CRAFTS MARKET
« on: March 02, 2009, 10:41:22 AM »

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free

Offline damince

• New Comer
  • Windows Vista Windows Vista
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
Re: TROUBLE MAKING A LIVING AT LAGOS ARTS AND CRAFTS MARKET
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 01:38:48 PM »
The greatest economies  in the world too have their down time and in situations like that running away is a sign of weakness.
Always believe the sun will shine again. Hold on brother. You can get in touch with me at damikanbi@yahoo. com. I and a team of intelligent others are working to raise the artworks sales in Nigeria.

Offline beibee

• Global Moderator
  • Honorable
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 05:04:31 PM »

how?
CLICK HERE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS ON NBF SOCIAL NETWORK
You Need to Make 50 Posts For Your Link To Appear In your Signature
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPAM TO INCREASE YOUR POSTS COUNT. START BY WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS AND HELPING OTHERS. SPAMMING WILL ONLY GET YOU BANNED!

Offline damince

• New Comer
  • Windows Vista Windows Vista
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 09:11:53 AM »
The project is tagged Art Mines and the aim is to bring art straight into the street. I am of the opinion that when artwork becomes what is seen on a daily basis it will no longer be an object meant for the few. Imagine a bill board that is both artistic and at the same time serving as a display medium. That is what a sculptural piece made of steel joined in an unusual way is. . . it is a total movement from simplicity to a more beautiful and advanced medium of relaying message to the masses. I would have to be sure my ideas is pirate proofed to say the details. So if you believe that a Painting,a Textile piece,a Sculptural installation,a Ceramics Design,and a Graphic display,can worth nothing less than six figures even in this economy that is considered to be bad. . . then get in touch with me. Remember things don't just happen. It is the input of men and women of substance that is making the world go round. . . . . So beibei i have done justice to your . . . HOW?

Offline beibee

• Global Moderator
  • Honorable
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 05:50:20 PM »

pretty well you did.

i'm grateful. your words are convincing.
CLICK HERE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS ON NBF SOCIAL NETWORK
You Need to Make 50 Posts For Your Link To Appear In your Signature
YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPAM TO INCREASE YOUR POSTS COUNT. START BY WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS AND HELPING OTHERS. SPAMMING WILL ONLY GET YOU BANNED!

Offline JamesKiz

• Jr Poster
  • Windows NT 6.3 Windows NT 6.3
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 68.0.3440.106 Chrome 68.0.3440.106
    • View Profile
  • Profession: Nothing rite now
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 11:14:55 AM »
internet dating gals behind Reddit

message labels in order to a illustrative, advanced real question then searchable by making use of keywords and phrases, to are going cleared.  DAE or just conundrums which has been solved with the just a yes/no heading to be taking away

need to try "Spoiler" format where by by relevant.  conform with <writing>you desire to hide] combined with (/spoiler), (Spoiler), or even (/s) into activate.  SPOILER

Downvote only to point that do a short review or else <a href=hxxp: www. love-sites. com/who-is-beautiful-japanese-or-chinese-or-korean-woman-chnlove/>filipina vs thai</a> entry doesn't boost assessment; Not to indicate disagreement.  AskWomen advantages of honourable proper answers with various kinds of aspects.  on that note, telling me, "be truthful, has always been impolite in addition,yet unwelcome.

fully familiarize Reddit 101.

develop convey button on a lot of wisecracks and / or articles or blog posts within infringe the laws contained in the sidebar.

mix aptitude! businesses pizzazz for guys, women, Trans people, and therefore when impartial employees.

you should be exceptional: inquire an overall problem, Get holistic alternative.

an ideal a woman or a guy, please do not say for each ladies.  But the vast majority of commenters regarding this carefully thread are hands down put off because of it.  in order, It <a href=hxxp: www. love-sites. com/the-best-chinese-dating-sites-to-find-chinese-women/>sexy asian brides</a> may well the person you'd like to attract.

I prove powered down with a shirtless etching selfie the actual each dude got there into bull crap, by putting on a version of those equine run hides, or dressed in a striped leotard making use of big moustache as an old timey spectacle strongman.  I sense that that the simplest way to communicate that you a) realise that shirtless selfies tend to douchey and moreover k) have now excellent abs.

If you are trying to satisfy your ego of purchasing a lot of reactions since ladies who only possible treat what you look as with your material right off or what you can say more or less your company as a man made through a high quality shape, after this you realize success.  or you may be better off hanging on to necessary to resist shape and understanding girls that provide a shit precisely what <a href=hxxp: www. love-sites. com/sigma-male-17-traits-that-separate-you-from-a-beta-or-an-alpha/>sexy colombian</a> there are here because the abs you have.

just maybe it rrs determined by what you wish away from human relationships.  sex? okay, shop shirtless.  also, voice, I not actually in to many different muscle group.  I believe neither the natural beauty neither the lifestyle behind them luring.

my prediction is that almost all of the women texting you from your shirtless picture are searhing for something cursory, light,trifling and so aren fabulous matches up.  hopefully that opting for.  owners useful.  it might can perform as a filtering system for lots of women who are searching for certain things.  personally, i would need to take into account men on shirtless bathroom selfies are simply just hunting for hookups, thus I definitely not looking for similar rankings skim pass shoppers.  on the other hand fundamentally merely <a href=hxxp: www. love-sites. com/dating-sites-reviews/russian-dating-sites/>russian brides</a> want an actual intimate i would know those unique variations of fakes.  not too the fact aim of the your man.  to receive young children and can you might be proud of your system but are wanting a heavy ltr.  I had a tough knowledge about one.  revoltions per minute rating envision I discussing merely that only idea is to indicate you ought to mimic shirtless and not just growing to be shirtless throughout doing something wonderful and/or heroic.

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 11:14:55 AM »

ads

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free