Author Topic: ADAORA UKOH?S HAIR SHAVED FOR MOVIE ROLE  (Read 1662 times)

Offline kola_yusuf

• Semi Cadet
  • Windows Vista Windows Vista
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 14.0.835.202 Chrome 14.0.835.202
    • View Profile
ADAORA UKOH?S HAIR SHAVED FOR MOVIE ROLE
« on: October 10, 2011, 04:20:50 AM »
Top actress Adaora Ukoh, recently had her hair shaved for a movie role.     The movie, which has the working title, Thy Kingdom Come was directed by Iyke Odife, and written by Emeka Amakeze.     The film features Adaora Ukoh, Sam Dede, Mike Ezuruonye, Kenneth Okonkwo, and Maureen Solomon.     The movie celebrates the existing tradition of an Igbo royal household.     It also explores the lengths to which a king could go to keep his throne, and secure it for his lineage even if incapable of having children.   

Adaora underwent various transformations for the movie, in order to portray her character at various stages of life.     Speaking on why she agreed to have her hair shaved for the movie, the actress said:

?This movie is a wonderful story and dear to my heart, so I was willing to go the extra mile for interpretation.     In the course of making this movie, I learnt tradition that I never knew?

With this movie, Adaora Ukoh joins the league of actresses who have had their hair shaved for a movie role.     These include Mercy Johnson, who had her hair shaved, in order to portray a cancer patient in the 2009 movie, Before the Light.     Mercy Johnson also had her hair shaved for the 2011 movie, Heart of a Widow.     Top actress, Uche Jombo, also had her hair shaved for the 2010 movie, Holding Hope.   

Source: Nollywood by Mindspace

Advertisements

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 04:23:08 AM by kola_yusuf »

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

ADAORA UKOH?S HAIR SHAVED FOR MOVIE ROLE
« on: October 10, 2011, 04:20:50 AM »

Offline ajeto

• Windows NT 6.1 Windows NT 6.1
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 15.0.874.121 Chrome 15.0.874.121
    • View Profile
Re: ADAORA UKOH?S HAIR SHAVED FOR MOVIE ROLE