Author Topic: I AM NOT AN IMPOSED CANDIDATE ? REMI TINUBU  (Read 513 times)

Offline cooljoe

• Asistance
  • Honorable
  • Learn 4rm yesterday, live 4 2day, hope for 2morrow
  • Windows Vista Windows Vista
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 8.0.552.224 Chrome 8.0.552.224
    • View Profile
I AM NOT AN IMPOSED CANDIDATE ? REMI TINUBU
« on: January 13, 2011, 10:50:04 AM »
I am not an imposed candidate ? Remi Tinubu
By Abimbola Adelakun    
Thursday, 13 Jan 2011    

Wife of the former governor of Lagos State, Mrs. Oluremi Tinubu, has denied reports that other candidates were compelled by her husband to step down for her in order to secure the senatorial ticket of the Action Congress of Nigeria.

Mrs. Tinubu on Wednesday clinched the ACN ticket to contest in the general elections for the Lagos Central seat. She was unopposed.

She said she was contesting on her own merit as a political activist and one who had contributed so much to better the lives of Lagosians.

The ACN primaries, which began with accreditation around 9am, had 2,450 delegates voting as at press time.

Mrs. Tinubu came in around 5pm to cast her vote. She spoke to journalists about her ambition and denied that she was an imposed candidate.

She said, ?I am running like any other person. I have been here since 9am like other candidates. Did you see me going to anybody?s office to sit down? Nobody stepped down for me and I am not privileged by anyone. I went to see Senator Muniru Muse (the incumbent) and I told him I would be contesting for this post.

?I did that out of courtesy to him. I have served this state while in exile. My husband was governor and I contributed to this state. Most of my projects initiated as first lady are still ongoing. Why can?t I contest? I am young, I am just 50.?

Though Muse has formally withdrawn from the race, his name still appears on the ballot paper for the Senatorial contest.

Other contestants for the Lagos central tickets are Muhammed Danmole and Hakeem Giwa.

For Lagos East Senatorial district, the names of the Permanent Secretary, Bureau of Lands, Gbenga Ashafa and that of Ajisebutu Adebayo appeared in the register. In Lagos West, the sole contestant remained Senator Ganiyu Solomon.

Advertisements

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

I AM NOT AN IMPOSED CANDIDATE ? REMI TINUBU
« on: January 13, 2011, 10:50:04 AM »

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free

Offline cooljoe

• Asistance
  • Honorable
  • Learn 4rm yesterday, live 4 2day, hope for 2morrow
  • Windows Vista Windows Vista
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 8.0.552.224 Chrome 8.0.552.224
    • View Profile
Re: I AM NOT AN IMPOSED CANDIDATE ? REMI TINUBU
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 10:50:42 AM »
It is very sad that politics in Nigeria has turned Out to be a family affair and that of imposition Of candidates against the peoples wish. May God save this democracy.

Advertisements

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

Re: I AM NOT AN IMPOSED CANDIDATE ? REMI TINUBU
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 10:50:42 AM »

ads

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free