Author Topic: HOW I SURVIVED HAITI EARTHQUAKE  (Read 19400 times)

Offline Prince

• Administrator
  • Honorable
  • Windows NT 6.1 Windows NT 6.1
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6.3 Firefox 3.6.3
    • View Profile
HOW I SURVIVED HAITI EARTHQUAKE
« on: May 15, 2010, 04:06:59 PM »
How I survived Haiti earthquake –Nigeria returnee
•He left his office few hours before disaster; the block and occupants all perished
By TOSIN AJIRIRE
Saturday, May 15, 2010

Gasper Aisiene was born in Haiti on November 26, 1973. He was once a Spanish and Mathematics teacher. But today he is a diplomat and economist. And he told Saturday Sun that “I came to Benin Republic for the African Renaissance Project because I am the representative of the programme in Haiti.
“I came with my family three years ago to defend my PhD thesis in International Diplomacy when I met Mr. Olofinji who asked me to represent him in Haiti.

He gave me the duty to establish a branch of his Pan African Organisation in my country and the whole of Caribbean Island, which I did. Right now, the organisation is functioning very well in Haiti. I have even brought one of our Senators to Benin Republic to visit Igbale Aiye city. The mayors and lawyers of Haiti were preparing to come to Igbale Aiye city before the earthquake struck.

Recalling the deadly earthquake that devastated his country on January 12, Gasper said “I was in my car going to a meeting with all the Mayors of Haiti for a discussion on modalities related to their visit to Igbale Aiye, the African Renaissance City in Republic of Benin when the earthquake struck. I observed that it was as if the tyres of my car wanted to pull off so, I quickly stopped the car to check what went wrong. Then I saw people running helter-skelter and before I knew it I heard a deafening sound and I thought that was the end of the world. As I was running for my life, I saw people dying, children crying, wounded people calling for help and everybody was running for life. I even tried to rescue somebody who was injured, to take him to the hospital but I observed that there was no way to pass and nowhere to go. So, I quickly joined other survivors to provide first aid for the injured.”

His escape from being a victim of the quake is what he attributes to his love for Africa and he is thankful to God for his survival and that of his family members. “I thank God, thank the African Renaissance Project also but for the project I would have been dead by now. I was on my way to the meeting with all the Mayors of Haiti on how to visit Igbale Aiye when the devastating earthquake shattered my country otherwise I would have been in my office and I would have been dead because the entire building that housed my office collapsed and I don’t know if any of the occupants survived. In fact, the Mayors also confirmed to me that but for the meeting, they would have been in their offices, which also had collapsed and killed people.

We are nine in my family; seven of them are in the United States. My wife and daughter were here in Republic of Benin when the earthquake struck. The earthquake did not reach my village, so I am the only one that experienced the incident and I thank God for sparing my life.

It took the government of Haiti three days to respond to the killer earthquake. It was after three days that we heard from the government because they were also affected. The Presidential Palace was badly hit, the National Assembly and ministries were not spared either. In fact, it was God who saved the life of the president when the earthquake hit the capital. He was not in his office. He went for the 50th anniversary of the Faculty of Law of the nation’s university and after the event had gone straight to his private residence.

Because of the level of destruction in Port-au-Prince, the government plans to relocate the capital to another place where rebuilding will take place; the international communities still contribute towards rebuilding the city and sustaining lives and rehabilitation of victims and orphaned kids in the past five months with the pains and scars still very much with the people. “The entire world has been wonderful and supportive in all ramifications as nations and organisations donated and still donate relief materials; provide first aid and so on”, Aisiene said.

Aisiene has a different dimension in solving the Haiti earthquake problem and told Saturday Sun that: “The desire of all Haitians is to come and resettle in Africa. Even President Wade of Senegal is proposing something along this line. Haitians prefer to come back and settle in Africa because here they feel at home and get brotherly love. Haitians are freer in Africa than in Haiti. In Haiti, the whites do not like the blacks. We feel more at home here in Africa than in America.”

Advertisements

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

HOW I SURVIVED HAITI EARTHQUAKE
« on: May 15, 2010, 04:06:59 PM »

Enter Your Email Below For Daily Jobs Updates, It's Free

100% Free

Offline Prince

• Administrator
  • Honorable
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6.3 Firefox 3.6.3
    • View Profile
Re: HOW I SURVIVED HAITI EARTHQUAKE
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 04:07:33 PM »
Your time haven't come yet, thank God.

Advertisements

Offline fancybynature4ever@yahoo.

• Global Moderator
  • Leader
  • Your greatness isn't what you have today but what you create out of today...
  • Java Platform Micro Edition Java Platform Micro Edition
  • Browser:
  • Opera 9.80 (Opera Mini 4.2.13337) Opera 9.80 (Opera Mini 4.2.13337)
    • View Profile
  • Profession: ALUMINIUM FIBERICATOR AND DISTRIBUTOR SUCH AS ROOFINGS , WINDOWS AND DOORS call +2348037391565 or +2348057590539
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 06:43:02 PM »
Thank God for that push.. Not your strength..
I am what i am because THE GRACE OF "AM I ONLY I AM"

Offline diamond1

• New Comer
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.0.19 Firefox 3.0.19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 10:42:38 AM »
Yes, i agree on this point
 software outsourcing

Offline ebuka247

• LEARN HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE
  • Browser:
  • Opera 9.80 (Opera Mini 5.0.16823) Opera 9.80 (Opera Mini 5.0.16823)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 07:50:02 PM »
thank god you are safe.  Na GOD 
www. dlpromanager. com

Offline robson12

• New
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.5.11 Firefox 3.5.11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »
Yes, i agree

----------------------
star trek voyager box set is one of the most amazaing shows i have got it to, its a cross among  The wire complete series,two and a half men dvd set and Cold Case dvd.  Trust me if you watch one of them you will be hooked.

Offline neopower

• Cadet
  • Hi Friends, I'm Neo from NeoPack Int'l.
  • Browser:
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 09:14:49 AM »
GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU.
Hi my friends, we are manufacturer & supplier of automatic voltage stabilizer, switching power supply, UPS etc POWER products.        I'm serious on my business.        Now we are looking for a suitable partner in Nigeria area.        If you want to be our partner, you can send email to sales@neopower.    hk.        Moreover, if you have any ideas about importing from us/China, you also can find us, we will support your business here.

Offline bedexchange

• New
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6.26 Firefox 3.6.26
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 08:19:20 AM »
I appreciate with your words. 
volunteer community
volunteer travel

Offline emsquare

• $100 online biz @ www.mrajesin.com/start
  • Browser:
  • Opera 11.10 Opera 11.10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 01:01:09 PM »
God is Good!
Discover How To Bank N2,000 Daily Online @ www. mrajesin. com/2kperday

bit. ly/realhotcash

Offline Ciousito

• Cadet
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 5.0 Firefox 5.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 11:29:14 AM »
mehn go tnk ur God,and nxt time always pray

Offline mandakinihotels

• Jr Poster
  • Newbie World
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 15.0.1 Firefox 15.0.1
    • View Profile
  • Profession: employee
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 08:51:30 AM »
Quote from: Prince link=topic=74809.  msg302310#msg302310 date=1273936019
How I survived Haiti earthquake –Nigeria returnee
•He left his office few hours before disaster; the block and occupants all perished
By TOSIN AJIRIRE
Saturday, May 15, 2010

Gasper Aisiene was born in Haiti on November 26, 1973.   He was once a Spanish and Mathematics teacher.   But today he is a diplomat and economist.   And he told Saturday Sun that “I came to Benin Republic for the African Renaissance Project because I am the representative of the programme in Haiti. 
“I came with my family three years ago to defend my PhD thesis in International Diplomacy when I met Mr.   Olofinji who asked me to represent him in Haiti. 

He gave me the duty to establish a branch of his Pan African Organisation in my country and the whole of Caribbean Island, which I did.   Right now, the organisation is functioning very well in Haiti.   I have even brought one of our Senators to Benin Republic to visit Igbale Aiye city.   The mayors and lawyers of Haiti were preparing to come to Igbale Aiye city before the earthquake struck. 

Recalling the deadly earthquake that devastated his country on January 12, Gasper said “I was in my car going to a meeting with all the Mayors of Haiti for a discussion on modalities related to their visit to Igbale Aiye, the African Renaissance City in Republic of Benin when the earthquake struck.   I observed that it was as if the tyres of my car wanted to pull off so, I quickly stopped the car to check what went wrong.   Then I saw people running helter-skelter and before I knew it I heard a deafening sound and I thought that was the end of the world.   As I was running for my life, I saw people dying, children crying, wounded people calling for help and everybody was running for life.   I even tried to rescue somebody who was injured, to take him to the hospital but I observed that there was no way to pass and nowhere to go.   So, I quickly joined other survivors to provide first aid for the injured.  ”

His escape from being a victim of the quake is what he attributes to his love for Africa and he is thankful to God for his survival and that of his family members.   “I thank God, thank the African Renaissance Project also but for the project I would have been dead by now.   I was on my way to the meeting with all the Mayors of Haiti on how to visit Igbale Aiye when the devastating earthquake shattered my country otherwise I would have been in my office and I would have been dead because the entire building that housed my office collapsed and I don’t know if any of the occupants survived.   In fact, the Mayors also confirmed to me that but for the meeting, they would have been in their offices, which also had collapsed and killed people. 

We are nine in my family; seven of them are in the United States.   My wife and daughter were here in Republic of Benin when the earthquake struck.   The earthquake did not reach my village, so I am the only one that experienced the incident and I thank God for sparing my life. 

It took the government of Haiti three days to respond to the killer earthquake.   It was after three days that we heard from the government because they were also affected.   The Presidential Palace was badly hit, the National Assembly and ministries were not spared either.   In fact, it was God who saved the life of the president when the earthquake hit the capital.   He was not in his office.   He went for the 50th anniversary of the Faculty of Law of the nation’s university and after the event had gone straight to his private residence. 

Because of the level of destruction in Port-au-Prince, the government plans to relocate the capital to another place where rebuilding will take place; the international communities still contribute towards rebuilding the city and sustaining lives and rehabilitation of victims and orphaned kids in the past five months with the pains and scars still very much with the people.   “The entire world has been wonderful and supportive in all ramifications as nations and organisations donated and still donate relief materials; provide first aid and so on”, Aisiene said. 

Aisiene has a different dimension in solving the Haiti earthquake problem and told Saturday Sun that: “The desire of all Haitians is to come and resettle in Africa.   Even President Wade of Senegal is proposing something along this line.   Haitians prefer to come back and settle in Africa because here they feel at home and get brotherly love.   Haitians are freer in Africa than in Haiti.   In Haiti, the whites do not like the blacks.   We feel more at home here in Africa than in America.  ”

God Has Blessing to you for your  new lIfe & Always God Is Great. 
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 08:53:22 AM by mandakinihotels »
Cheap hotels in Delhi

Offline fancybynature4ever@yahoo.

• Global Moderator
  • Leader
  • Your greatness isn't what you have today but what you create out of today...
  • Unknown Unknown
  • Browser:
  • Opera 11.10 Opera 11.10
    • View Profile
  • Profession: ALUMINIUM FIBERICATOR AND DISTRIBUTOR SUCH AS ROOFINGS , WINDOWS AND DOORS call +2348037391565 or +2348057590539
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 05:20:32 PM »
THANKS bro i love it, i have activated mine and i have 500gb now tnx a million.  .  .  .  .  i advice all MBF MEMBERS TO CALL 08140761585 TO ACTIVATE THEIR AIRTEL 500GB AND GLO UNLIMITED.  .  .  LOVE THIS GREAT SITE
detail us more please
I am what i am because THE GRACE OF "AM I ONLY I AM"

Nigerian Best Forum . NBF

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 05:20:32 PM »

ads